Tuesday 3 January 2012

Project Life 2012 Day 3 - Packing Away

Jan 3-- is time to take down the holiday decorations. Take a photo of all decor getting packed up & put away.

Please forgive the Americanisation there!

So today I actually decided to go for two photos.


First of all.....naked tree! Poor little thing has had all of its decs removed and is now sitting out rather sadly in the rain waiting for green waste recycling day next week.
My second picture is like saying goodbye to an old friend. I bought this little tree for Steve as a pre-Christmnas present in about 1998 and made him an advent calendar where each day's gift was another decoration. It's seen us through about 10 Christmasses before we finally pensioned it off last year in favour of a real tree. Our love of real trees is definitely here to stay so we've now said goodbye to the old plastic tree. As you can see it's from a very exclusive shop and was very pricey(!) If my calculations and dates are right, I think that means it cost us about 50p per Christmas. Maybe I am starting to remember the benefits of fake trees over real ones after all....!

No comments:

Post a Comment